The Cambium Assessment, Inc.™ (CAI) test delivery system includes multiple applications.
These applications work together to ensure a smooth and secure test administration.
Test Information Distribution Engine (TIDE)
Test coordinators use TIDE throughout the testing process to manage staff and student information, monitor test progress, and perform administrative functions.
Test Administrator (TA) Interface
Proctors use the TA Interface to administer and monitor the test on test day.
The secure browser is the student testing application used for the preadministration session as well as testing. It prevents students from using other applications and from copying test information and must be installed on all test taker devices. The secure browser you install depends on the operating system your students use.
If your school already uses the CAI test delivery system and your students take the test on Chromebook or iPad, you'll need to change the assessment program in SecureTestBrowser. For Windows and Mac, you'll need to install the College Board version of the secure browser.
Digital Test Practice
For hands-on practice administering digital tests, proctors should use the TA Interface Practice Site. Students can practice navigating the test and using the available tools in the Student Digital Test Preview.
Each site can be used independently, but we recommend also using them together to hold a test day simulation and practice allowing students into the testing session.
Proctors can also click through a short simulation on their own—no sign-on required.
When students take the test, they'll be able to use these tools:
- Clock: Counts down the time left for each section and gives a 5-minute warning. Can be hidden.
- Mark for review: Allows students to flag questions for later review.
- Embedded Desmos calculator: Available onscreen for calculator-allowed questions.
- Reference: Allows students to view standard mathematical formulas.
- Notes: For digital note-taking; students also receive scratch paper.
- Highlighter: Available for making text, questions, and answer options.
- Line focus: Combines line reader with masking to guide students as they read.
- Strikethrough: Allows students to eliminate answer options.
- Zoom in/zoom out: Enlarges the text and images on a test page.